Until recently, the generosity of those wishing to donate real estate to their preferred causes has too often been rejected.
In fact, 80% of real estate offered to qualified non-profit organizations have has been turned away due to:
- Fear of resource drain on time challenged staff
- Lack of familiarity with procedures, evaluation process, legal and tax issues
- Perceived complexity of due diligence efforts and removal of encumbrances
- Myths related to environmental horror stories
- Holding costs including maintenance, entitlements and market futures